Beware of the Warrior Special Offer Of The Day Scams

by on April 2, 2012 · 312 comments

It is high time that internet marketers who do business at the Warrior Forum and Warrior Plus to look elsewhere. For one, it has become a bit of a monopoly, and that is never good for anyone. Size does not equal quality, but just dilutes it. Secondly, it has become a monetary scam on many fronts.

Allan Says (yep, ‘Says’ is his last name) of the WarriorForum.com, and Mike Lantz, of Warriorplus.com, have created a system that is fast becoming the next platform for scam-minded internet marketers. Let me explain….

First, the Warrior Forum and its Warrior Special Offers subforum.

The ‘Warrior Forum’ is a internet marketing forum that has a huge membership. What has become very lucrative for both Allan Says and Mike Lantz is a subforum called, Warrior Special Offers. In this specialty forum, product creators can pay Allan $40 to post on his forum, and in doing so, you will get some traffic from the general membership and visitors of his forum.

Note: Don’t get all excited thinking you will get rich by making a Warrior Special Offer and getting all this free traffic and make a bunch of sales. From my stats, it will only count for about 5% or less of your total sales. The bulk will come from good JV partners who mail to your offer, not warrior forum free traffic. My list does not care where the salespage is hosted, as long as it is a great offer.

Let me add, there are Warrior Forum fanatics and zeolous warriors. Their entire day is spent doing nothing but forum marketing on this one forum by making posting, replying to messages, establishing relationships, commenting on posts, etc….

Also, just like there is Clickbank JV inner circle crap, so there is Warrior Special Offers JV inner circle crap, with reciprocal business and promotions.

Next, there is WarriorPlus.

For a $19 fee (per product listed), you can list your Warrior Special Offer in the WarriorPlus marketplace. WarriorPlus brings sellers and affiliates together, offering instant payments of commissions, including sales and affiliate tracking.

What has become popular by Mike Lantz is, what he describes, as the ‘Warrior Special Offer of the Day.’ I am not really sure of the requirements, but every day Mike will choose one (1) Warrior Special Offer listed at the Warrior Forum, that is also listed at his WarriorPlus, and email his entire list as the Warrior Special Offer of the Day. Just think of your local grocery store emailing all customers a “special of the day.”

When Mike emails his Warrior Special Offer of the Day, he will make a number of sales from his Warriorplus list (yep, you are on his list when you register).

I have been on this WarriorPlus list, and two weeks ago, I unsubscribed.

Why? Because it is sheer rubbish and marketing crap. The Warrior Special Offer of the Day is meant to do one thing: make money for Mike Lantz. Sure, it brings in sales for the product creator (mostly from Mike’s personal sales), but if you think because it is a ‘Warrior Special Offer Of The Day’ that it is a great product, worth the investment, and you should buy it, think again.

In fact, 95% of the Warrior Special Offers of the Day that Mike Lantz promotes are sheer crap, and some of them are even blatant scams. And, although I have no way of verifying this other than my own story (see below), it is highly probable that Mike does not even look at the the product he is endorsing. And in my story below, this certainly is the case. What is more likely to be looked at is, ‘how much money will he make if he makes this Warrior Special Offer of the Day.’

What is worse is the WarriorPlus affiliate marketers and Warrior Special Offer marketers. I am now reluctant to promote a Warrior Special Offer to my list unless I know the marketer will not abuse their list with offer after offer of pure rubbish.

Have you been on a list where the list owner will try and sell you anything and everything?

I should write another post entitled: “How you know your guru is out to scam you.” It is easy to spot. They have absolutely ‘no plan’ for your success, other than taking your money and putting it into their own pocket. They are all over the map in their email marketing to you.

True Story:

About 6 weeks ago I received Warrior Special Offer of the Day by Mike Lantz. He was promoting a “Free Backlinks System 2.0.” I visited the salespage on the Warrior Forum, was impressed by the social proof, and I purchased.

Being a seo focused marketer myself, I wanted to see this ‘free backlink system’ that generated the social proof, as displayed on the salespage.

When I first logged into the ‘Free Backlink System 2.0′ I was immediately taken to a welcome video by Todd Gross, who I personally know. My first thought was, ‘what the heck is Todd doing here.’ As it turns out, Todd was just the marketing point man, while the product creator is someone else, by the name of Jonathan.

The Free Backlink System 2.0 in a nutshell, as taught, is getting backlinks from press releases, video sharing sites, PAD directory sites, bookmarking sites, article directory sites, and forum marketing.

This was all stuff I taught back in 2008. However, these methods do not work like they use to.

Here is where the table turns. I go back to the Free Backlink System 2.0 salespage, and I look at the social proof screenshots. I reverse engineered some of these social proof website rankings, and to my astonishment, Jonathan leaves a footprint on all of his backlinks, but the backlinks DO NOT come from any of the sources that he teaches in his Free Backlink System 2.0. All of the backlinks from the websites on his salespage are from a PAID blog network, not from any of the Free Backlink system 2.0 sources that he teaches, and what his salespage proof is selling.

So, I skype Todd Gross and say, ‘what the heck is going on.’ Todd is like, I have no idea, I will talk to Jonathan. Todd Gross gets back to me and says, “Well, I asked Jonathan about the salespage proof, but you will not like the answer.”

I then make a couple postings on this Warrior Special Offer thread saying, ‘all your backlinks come from a blog network,’ not from press releases, or bookmarks, or article directories, etc…. Jonathan responds, ‘ya, I know, but I taught about blog networks in Free Backlink System 1.0.

At this point, my scam indicator is sky high. This was a pure scam and money grab by all parties involved, and what is worse, Mike Lantz branded this as Warrior Special Offer of the Day.

I emailed Mike Lantz about it, and his response was, “well Mark, you have to be careful what you call a scam, etc, etc, etc….”

My response to that is: Bull-Do-Do.

In summary, be very careful that you are not lured into the Warrior Special Offer of the Day hype because most of it is garbage, and some of them are scams by criminal minded money grabbers who care nothing about you other than taking money from you.

Many Clickbank product scammers are currently being shut down at Clickbank and not getting their salespage and products approved. These same scammers are now reappearing at Forums where there are no rules, no moderation of salespages or their products.

Sure, there are some good Warrior Special Offers, and some are even great, but they surely are not every day, and hardly even every week. Additionally, if you buy a warrior special offer, and you immediately start getting promotion after promotion from this person, unsubscribe to the list fast.

If you are a ‘would be’ of great internet marketing products for your business, or if you are a product creator, I recommend you look for other platforms to do business.

Some of the rising stars are:

Marketplaces To List Your Products

Forums To List Your Products To Send Your Traffic To:

I can go on and on about this topic. If you have any questions about this topic, please ask.

Post a comment please.

What are your thoughts on this?

{ 312 comments… read them below or add one }

Cheap Sectional Sofas May 28, 2012 at 2:24 am

Well … its all been written down. For me Mark is absolutely right! after read down all this post (and comments) now i know that not all stuff in WSOF are worth as they stated. Thanks

mike August 5, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Hi Mark
I also unsubscribed from Mike months ago,and never ever bought any of his wso of the day products. I could smell a rat with them right away, and got the same feeling that the Mike guy had never even looked through the so-called wso of the day, good share
thanks

Mike B

villa ubud bali August 15, 2012 at 5:10 pm

It’s a shame how these scammers make money out of unknowing individuals who have nothing but good intentions, be on top of the situation by finding out if its a legitimate deal or not based on the feedback of others. Let us all be wary. Thanks for the heads up.

George August 20, 2012 at 4:33 am

Hi, great article, very timely. Hope more newbies can read it to be warned against those rehashed products and stay safe.

scott September 25, 2012 at 10:10 pm

AMEN brother! Throw Paul Myers in the mix as well. He’s very good at playing both sides. I’m shocked the WF hasn’t been shut down long ago.

I have absolutely nothing against these guys making a nice income, but when it’s on the backs of those who are trying to get ahead in life and may be down to their last few dollars, it pisses me off to no end. They’re lowlife, scum of the earth.

I do have to say that the WF is one of the biggest reasons for the great success I’ve had as a marketer. But it really sucked to buy piles of garbage WSO’s and waste all the time of going through them to find the good ones.

Sandy Moore October 31, 2012 at 4:20 am

I first join Warrior Forum back in 2009 and never really had much of an opinion about it….many top marketers recommended it as a trustworthy site to gain knowledge and information from those who had been there done that.

Over the past 8 months I have purchased a couple of products and found them to be totally worthless.

Good on you Mark for saying what I have been thinking for some time and obviously from the comments here so have many other marketers.

Ron November 27, 2012 at 1:03 am

I agree, it is great some one is speaking out. Seems few do on the WF for fear of getting banned or shut out of the gang.

One thing that has REALLY frustrated me, and even before Warrior+ was all positive comments and reviews on crap WSO’s.

I remember buying a WSO that was suppose to explain publishing on Amazon, before kindle become hot. It was one of the first on the subject. I paid like $47, it was about 10 pages and told very little. The bonus was a forum that the seller rarely posted on, and when they did it was PM’s to answer questions. Isn’t that the purpose of a forum, answer for all to learn from? And this product has SO many positive rreviews.. argh..

Actually I am surprised Allen hasn’t gotten sued yet. I see WSO’s all the time with things like copyrighted images. I saw one not long ago that had a simpsons or similar image in the WSO copy. Seems to be happening alot lately. Big companies are not going take “ooppss.. sorry” when some one if using their stuff, and allen will be held accountable. Surprised he doesn’t cover himself more.

Far too much churn and burn going on over there :(

DJ December 25, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Thank you for the heads up.

simon Wiltshire January 15, 2013 at 9:44 pm

What do you guys expect, all the gurus are there because they have worked out correctly that affiliate marketing is hard and it is easier to sell get rich quick schemes to other affiliates – I call it selling sand to the arabs.

WSO’s are junk, my crapometer goes through the roof whenever I see one.

Lily Nrman March 8, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Thank you Mark. Your post reminds me to be VERY CAREFUL A LOT next time on WSO and scamo! (EDIT)

Mike April 2, 2013 at 7:35 pm

You mean just like the scam you are promoting in your side bar about “Discover Underground Secrets How to Get $15K – $20K of Free Targeted Traffic.”

Mark Dulisse April 2, 2013 at 10:15 pm

@ Mike – no idea what you refer to. I have never promoted $15k-$20k of Free Targeted Traffic

I do know ways to get that much free traffic though. Whether or not this coverts to $$ is entirely dependant upon your funnel.

Free traffic is the easy part for me.
Mark Dulisse recently posted…What’s Needed for SEO Success in 2013 and Beyond!My Profile

Mike April 2, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Well that’s the headline for the product PinRanker you are promoting in the right sidebar.

Gary June 19, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Well I searched my mail and luckily I purchased nothing from this guy and I’m not on his mailing list. I will keep my eye out for him. I know I’ve been scammed enough. 2012 was a very much I got scammed year. Thanks Mark. I’d also like to say be careful when someone calls you and wants to train you. I don’t want to get in any lawsuits but there are 2 so called schools that ripped me off good and learned nothing. Just be careful when someone calls you and say they can train you in affiliate marketing…etc or any course and if they want to charge you like they did me 15,000 or more. Don’t do it. Visa MasterCard scams..don’t do it. Anyone that asks you how many credit card do you have and promise you great income…just don’t do it. Not to say anything again, I bought through another vendor and the products which I sent back were all scammy.

Shairenne June 27, 2013 at 11:40 pm

Thank you! Your article reminds me to be very careful about scammers. Thanks for shari8ng! Please continue to posts articles like this! Very informative.
Shairenne recently posted…Call To Save a LifeMy Profile

antria July 18, 2013 at 12:07 pm

hi mark,

good article!!
antria recently posted…Hello world!My Profile

James August 16, 2013 at 4:00 am

An honest and provocative article. I go back and forth because the forum is hard to resist, there’s just so many people that visit and purchase. But I respect and trust you Mark. You’re products are always top notch. I ran across this article because I was re-installing a product I got from you a couple years ago that is still incredible and working like a charm. Sure wish I could pick your brain about a product I’m wanting to purchase right now….
James recently posted…Geographic OptimizationMy Profile

omar August 16, 2013 at 7:05 am

Yes, there are lots of bad products on Warrior but like you said; sometimes you find a gem and that’s why we go there. Plus the products are usually under $20 making it low risk compared to the outside. So I really don’t think this article helps at all! it didn’t convince me or warn me about not going, I will still go there looking for those gems, and I already knew a lot of products are garbage after I bought them, I didn’t need this article to tell me that! it’s not a big deal when you spend $5 here and $10 there, and even when they are bad you probably will pick up a tip or two you didn’t know about. So if you bought a bad product for $15.75 forget about it and move on!

Barry Pascoe September 15, 2013 at 8:39 am

I have to agree with Omar, yes I have purchased a few White Elephants along the way, but I have found a few Gems and learned a lot of things i would not have learned other-wise.
But the best part is that I have been able to get my money back on some programs that were absolute “Dogs”.
The best thing is that I have a complete list of every purchase, where, as I find a program that matches my needs, I have gone back and revisited an earlier program which married up and worked in conjunction with it.

Roman Deals September 25, 2013 at 1:00 am

I was going through my emails this evening and got yet another email from Mike Lantz promoting another WSO of the day. It then prompted me to Google “who is Mike Lantz” and this blog appeared and boy am I glad I did. I was wondering who this guy was and now I know. Thanks for the expose. Eyes Wide Open now when I get another email from him…

Les January 21, 2014 at 10:32 pm

Hi Mark,
Completely agree. It’s a shame that the situation is as it is because its so difficult to pick out the good stuff from all the crap.
By the way, has member player replaced traffic player?
Regards,
Les Line

Mark Dulisse January 21, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Hi Les,

Member Player is HTML5 Fluid Layout video player. Traffic Player is Flash video player with no fluid layout design. Neither has replaced the other. They are simply different products with different functions.
Mark Dulisse recently posted…MemberPlayer – Youtube and Vimeo Advanced OptionsMy Profile

SEO Creep January 30, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Here, allow me to give you a quick tutorial on how to create a WSO:

Prerequisite: Be completely void of human emotion, empathy, and lack a soul.

1. Steal someone else’s idea to make money online that may have worked in 1999.
2. Write a crappy 10-11 page eBook about that method, but be vague as possible.
3. Sell that eBook to unsuspecting newbies on the “warrior” forum (though Warrior is basically code for “douche bag con man.”
4. Keep your eBook vague. Promise to unlock the “true secrets” of the method via an “OTO.”
5. Get rich quick by exploiting people looking for honest, quality information.